Written by Moonlight Netnight email: Netnight15@aol.com http://www.capecod.net/mthompso/fanfic/tuxp2.txt This is part two of my fanfic. =) I know that part one was a little action weak but I’ll try to make up for that this time! Tuxedo Saga Chapter 2 Clouded Foes “I REALLY hate getting wet!” Serena whines as she dashes across the street to take cover from the pouring rain. She opens the door to the public swimming pool and leaps as lighting crashes outside. After she recovers from that shock she turns to see Reeny standing there. “Your twenty minutes late meatball head!” Reeny yells at Serena. “You ungrateful flamingo haired brat!” Serena retorts as she gets back to her feet. “I don’t know why I put up with you!” After calming down and a DEEP breath Serena turns and starts to walk back towards the door. “Come on. Mom’s probably wondering where we are......” Reeny still upset storms out the door after her. (Just wait Serena,) Reeny thinks. (I saw you transform into Sailor Moon when Catsy and Birdy were captured! And I saw you use the silver crystal to heal Prisma and Avery! As soon as I can get this stupid key to work I’m outta here and I gonna help my mom! I still can’t figure out how you can be the same Sailor Moon my mom told me about all my life.... Pu told me that the Sailor Scouts are my protectors, just like in the future, but I never met Sailor Moon back home. I guess I have to trust Serena, but I don’t know.... Maybe I’ll tell Serena, later...) As Reeny steps out the door, both she and Serena are simultaneous soaked by the pouring rain. “I hate getting wet.....”, both Serena and Reeny say in unison. “Don’t do that!” they yell at each other, also in unison. “Hurmp!!!!!” Reeny bounce her Luna Ball a few times till it flies in to the air as she yells, “Luna Ball Power!!” The ball turns in to a umbrella as it falls and Serena catches it on it’s way down so they can both stay dry. “Hay!” Reeny protests. “Come on Reeny, I wanna stay dry too! Besides, there’s enough room under the umbrella for us both to stay dry” “Fine!” Reeny replies. She is unhappy about it but keeps walking with Serena down the street. “Well at least we’ll stay dry.” ****** In the now empty arcade, everything is quiet. There is an eerie stillness in the air as the arcade manager checks the locks on the doors one last time. He walks over to the center mirror column and takes a small orange crystal out of his pocket. He holds it up to the column and it touches the mirror and both instantly flash with light. Like a movie on fast forward the column repeat every image it made in that day a thousand times faster than it was recorded. The entire day zooms by in less than ten seconds and the orange crystal gets brighter and brighter with each of those seconds till the images cease and the manager removes it. He examines it for a sec to admire it and puts it back in his pocket. “Perfect.” he says under his breath as he walks to the back wall and walks through a mirror and disappears. ****** It’s the next day and as the bell rings and Serena leaps into her seat just in time, as usual. Miss Haruna walks in and begins to take attendance. “Mmmmmm. Looks like everybody here except for Melvin.” Miss. Haruna says. “That’s really unusual. He hasn’t been absent since he got the Chicken Pox last year.” “His mom said he wasn’t feeling very good this morning.” Molly explains to Serena. “Melvin, absent?” Serena thinks. “Three months ago he was sick with the flu and still made it to school! This doesn’t make any sense. He must of REALLY of been sick to not come to school.” “Yeah. He tries to go to school almost as much as you try to stay home Serena” Molly jokes. “Ha, ha, ha:” Serena laughs sarcastically as Miss Haruna starts the class. Luna jumps to windows without anybody noticing and stares into the classroom. She leaps away after a few seconds without anybody noticing. ****** It’s night and Rubeus is on his now dark, quiet, and empty ship. He sits in front of one of his data mirrors and begins to skims through file after file. On each file there is one droid, and it’s profile. “So many to chose from. Who will I send next?” Rubeus thinks out loud. He sits and goes through almost ten files. Then he stops. He reads one file carefully, beginning to end. “He served us well only a few days ago, and was flawless.” He taps a button and the file image vanishes. “Perfect. This should keeps those sailor brats busy long enough to finish the plan.” He stands up and enters the mirror he was just looking at. ****** It’s lunch time at Serena’s school and everyone is outside enjoying the fresh air. Serena is rushing outside to enjoy the afternoon, well maybe not the afternoon but at least her lunch. =) She meets up with Amy and Lita already outside. “Hi guys!” “Hi Serena!” Lita and Amy reply almost at the same time. “Did you hear? Melvin was absent today from school!” Lita and Amy seem surprised to say the least. “Melvin, absent?!” Lita says. “He loves school! He hasn’t missed a day since the chicken pox last year.” Amy notes. “What about that day that fourfaced cardian sucked his energy dry at that Sailor Moon show?” Lita inquires. “I didn’t believe it, but he dragged himself to school the next day. He said it was cause of the test we had that day.” Serena explains. “Course that make NO sense to me whatsoever.” “And he still got a 100 hundred on that test.” Amy interjects. “He must be REALLY sick to miss school altogether then.” Lita says. “Hope he’s OK.” “I’m sure he’s fine.” Serena says. She begins to laugh a bit as she says, “If he can make to school after going up against a Nega monster as “Tuxedo Melvin” I’m sure he’ll be back in no time” They all crack up laughing at that. “I remember that.” Amy giggles. “He came to school for two days dressed up in a black Tuxedo and a cape!! He actually thought he was protecting Molly!” They all crack up laughing again. “That’s not the best part!” Serena manages to say in between laughs. “When this monster attacked the crowd, that day Zoesite stole the rainbow crystal piece from me, hehehehehehehe, instead of roses, he threw SHRIMP at it!” They laugh even harder and are almost falling over they are laughing so hard. “He, He said that the shrimp were reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllly SPICY! And that they would sting it’s eyes!!!!” “Stop PLEASE , I’m gonna bust a gut if we keep this up!” Lita pleads. The laughter begins to calm down and they regain their composure. ”By the way, that’s not how I heard it”. Amy mentions. “Oh really?” Serena asks with a funny smile on her face. “What did you hear?” “That you gave the crystal to Zoesite” Amy said with a smile. Serena almost exploded right there. “WHAT COMPLETE LYER TOLD YOU THAT?!?!?!?!?” “Well, um, eh....... Darien..........” “Hehehehehehehehe.” Serena laughs nercously as the painfull memories of the past few weeks begin to sink in. Her smile fades as she begins to remember the pain that he caused, the pain of losing the one she loved after losing him time and time again. First thanks to Queen Breyl in the silver milenium, then again when he was almost killed, twice because of her. She remebers how even after that wicked queen was destroyed she lost him again because his memories would return. Now, after that little spore came to town, he dumped her like she didn’t even matter. She sniffles as the sadness fills her eyes. “I miss him so much.........” “I’m so sorry Serena”. Amy says while feeling like a complete idiot for even mentioning the one who hurt her so much. Serena raises her head back up. “That’s ok Amy.” Silence passes for a few minutes as Serena doesn’t even pick up her lunch. Even though she got out of the really bad state of depression she loses her appetite every now and then because of the breakup. This is apparently one of those times. Moments later, Luna shows up almost out of nowhere. “Hey Luna. What’s up?” Litas asks. Luna looks around for a few moments and then looks at the girls. “Somethings wrong isn’t it Luna.....”Amy asks “We have a problem.” Luna gets up and begins to walk towards the back of the school. “Come on. We need to talk.” “Why not?” Lita ponders more worried than confused. “To much of a crowd.” They begin to talk around the school, but something is wrong. As they turn the corner, they see something VERY out of the ordinary for a hot summer day. Fog, thick as pea soup rising out of the storm drain. The smoke rising out forms a cloud blocking there path. “Ok. This is a first.” Lita states. “This is IMPOSSIBLE. There is no way the dew point is high enough to produce this much fog!” Amy says as Lita and Serena both just stare at her blankly. “Huh?” Lita and Serena ask. “Serena, Lita, Amy, Henshin Yo!!!!!!” (translation from japanese- transform now) Luna yells. “Moon Crystal Power!!!!!” “Mercury Star Power!!!!!” “Jupiter Star Power!!!!!” As the three say this, they take out their transformation pens and locket and begin to transform into the three super heroines known as Sailor Moon, Sailor Mercury, and Sailor Jupiter! When the lights and powers released fade, Mercury touches her right earing and her VR visor appears and begins to scan the cloud that is before them. The cloud begins to contract and turn a dark purple. A erie laugh echos from it and the laugh seems all to familar. “Good to see you again Sailor Failures! Or do you refer begin called Serena, Lita, and Amy?” “WHAT!?!?!?” All the scouts ask in extreme surprise. “Wait a minute. Just that cloud saw us transform. Once we dust him, he won’t be able to tell Rubeus who we are.” Sailor Mercury says with confindence. “Oh really sailor brats? What about Mina, Sailor Venus???” “Wh-Wh-What about who?” Sailor Moon studders to say with somewhat less confidense than Sailor Mercury. “He know about us! We have to defeat him know before he can tell Rubeus!” Sailor Jupiter says as she raises her tiara antenna as it sparks with energy. “If he allready hasn’t.” Sailor Mercury reply nervously. “Jupiter Thunder Crash!!!!!” Jupiter yells as her lighting bolts charge and blast towards the cloud. The entire cloud becomes charged with that energy and flashes with light. Sailor Jupiter stands in shock as the lightning from her attack is simply abosorbed. They can hear that voice again, laughing as if he enjoyed that attack. “Fools. Lightning is CAUSED by the jumping of electrons from cloud to cloud! You just graciously gave me a power boost!!” “Mercury Ice Storm Splash!!!” Sailor Mercury shouts as her wave of ice blasts toward the dark cloud and passes right through it. “Nice try Amy, but I’m made out of clouds! And clouds are made of water particles! Your powers can’t hurt me either! Enough of this. Your never going to be able to stop the Nega Moon!” The cloud begins to expands to an enormous size nad it keeps growing. “Run!” Serena shouts as the cloud is about to emcompass them. But they can’t run fast enough. The cloud ou1t grows them and soon the entire school is covered in a dark purple cloud, that no one can escape. ****** Rei is sitting outside enjoying the view on a hill looking over Toyko. As she eats her lunch she begins to think. “This day is way to beautiful to be stuck in school. Least lunch is outside” As she looks out at the city ahw notices something purple at the edge of the city. It looks like a cloud but she dismisses it because clouds aren’t purple, not even smog is. “Weird” She says as a cold chill passes over her. “Something is wrong” ****** Mina is sitting outside of her school eating her lunch, while reading the latest copy of the Sailor V manga. She giggles as she sees a really funny dipiction of herself. “I have got to get a creative liscense on this manga. They draw like I’m way to silly. I can have my serious moments” She thinks before cracking up laughing. “Must be a funny manga, eh Mina?” a voice says from behind. Mina practically leaps up to see who it is. “Oh hi Mark” she says with a a little left over laugh still in her voice to the blond haired kid now standing next to her. She begins to think “WOAH. He that really CUTE exchange student from America. And hear I was laughing like Serena the hyena. This is a twist. Normally I fall for the tall dark and handsome. Well i guess i can fall for someone tall and cute” “Yeah, it’s this funny way they drew Sailor V. Take a look.” She giggles. He looks over to the manga and begin to laugh, and tries to contain himmself so as not to burst out laughing! “That’s so funny.” He is pausing ever second or so to laugh” He begins to calm down and contains the laughter. “You a big Sailor V fan?” Mina smiles on the inside and out when he asks that. “Yeah, I guess i am. You ever read the manga?” “Well..... I kinda.......” “Kinda what?” “I kinda have every manga there is about Sailor V” Mina smiles even more as she hears that. “Really, kewl!” “One thing i noticed though” “What’s that?” “You know when the last time Sailor V was sited, and about the same time Sailor Venus apparently joined the scouts.” “Could be conisidense.” “Or it could be Sailor V just added “enus” to “V” and became Sailor “Venus” and joined the scouts” Mina cracks up laughing at that. She knows she should be worried that he might one day figure it out, but for now she’ll just play allong. “That’s funny! I guess i never thought about it that much.” she says with a giggle. All of a sudden she feels a beeping coming from her school bag and realizes it’s her communicator. “Opps.” Mina giggles. “I just remembered. I gotta pick up something from the gym. See ya later?” A little bummed Mark hides it well. “Sure. See ya in class.” “Bye!” Mina yells as she rushes to the gym, to talk without anyone seeing her to whoever rudely interupted her with that call. “Bye” Mark waves as she darts off. As she rounds the corner all Mark can think about her. “She is the beautiful person I’ve ever seen in my life......” he whispers to himself as he walks about the school yard with his heart doing flips just because he was able to get enough courage to talk to her. ****** “Mina here. What’s up?” Mina asks the communicator as Artemis’s face appears on the screen. “What took you so long Mina? Never mind. Just transform and get over to Serena’s School pronto. It’s under attack.” “How am I gonna get there and back in time for class? I can’t afford another tardy!” “Look. I know it’ll be a energy drain but you’ll have to attempt a teleport over here. Look up in the sky.” Artemis instructs her as she does. She sees a small dot high in the sky. “What’s that? “The Planet Venus is at it’s peak brillance. With that at your zenith, you’ll be able to teleport more easily if you shoot a Crescent beam and the a love-chain at it. They’ll return to earth and super energize you. Remember, this will only work if you aim dead center and not move an inch after releasing the energy. It’lll still be a drain, but it will work.” “Wow. Cool trick thanks!” Mina takes her henshin (transformation) stick out and yells. “Venus Star Power !!!!” She is wrapped head to toe in stars, light, and energy. Then the energy flies from below her as she sailor scout uniform appears. She raises her hand toward the Planet Venus high in the sky and squints one eye to get aim. “Venus Crescent Beam.......Smash!!!” Her Beam flies out toward the heavens and the planet in the sky begins to glow. “Venus Love Chain Encircle!!!!” Her love chain flies off in the same direction as her crescent beam and the planet venus glows like a star gone supernova half way across the universe. Then almost without warning a beam of light like the power released during the Sailor Planet attack blasts towards the ground engulfling Sailor Venus. She lets out a small scream and she is almost over come with raw power. She whole body pulses witth raw white and yellow light and all that can be seen is the light in the shape of Mina. “SAILOR TELEPORT!!!!!!!!!!!” Mina scream as that light that was her shrinks into to small ball the size of ping-pong ball. Mina is gone, and only the small ball of light is there. The ball floats there for a moment before flying off in the direction of Serena’s school. ****** Darien is jogging down the street by the river. He Stops to think for a bit and realizes that this is the same river that he stopped when he ran right by Serena. He looks into the water and turns away when he sees Serena’s face in the water. He looks up to see if she’s here, but realizes that it’s just his imagination. He can’t get her out of his mind. He looks at his watch to see how much longer he has before his next class. Another hour. Hopefully enough time to run off his anxiety about being forced to break up with Serena. The dreams, no the nightmares he is plagued with every night. Night after night, the same damn dream. Telling him to stay away, far away from Serena. “Her life depended on it.” He think “But our love can’t be the cause of what happens, or what could happen. NO. Can’t take that risk. I have to stay away. There’s no choice.” He looks up to see something he never thought he would expect. A huge purple cloud growing from the earth. He realizes where that cloud was in the direction of Serena’s school. “Is that why I jogs by this bridge every time I goes out for excerise?” Darien ponders. “No time to wonder about that now. I have to help the scouts.” He takes out his rose to transform as that rose flashes with light. ****** Luna looks out at the cloud from outside. Being a cat she was able to make it out, but the other were not so lucky. She conntact Raye and Artemis to get there ASAP. She lets a tear fall to the ground as she whispers. “This is all my fault.......”