The Final Round: Chapter Three by Katie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Okay so let me get this straight..." Goten said after listening to the explanation. Sounded pretty weird to him. "Trunks, but not this Trunks, came from a future to warn you all about the androids. Which would kill you in some time to come." "Right." Goku said. He could tell that his son was having trouble believing all of this. But who could blame him. It all did sound pretty far fetched. Marron looked up at her mother. "You were an android that was destroying the Earth." #18 turned her head and looked ashamed. "That was a long time ago." Kuririn said trying his best to comfort his wife. "I wished her back with the Dragon Balls as a human." Bra looked up at her mother, "There's another niichan?" She didn't quite understand everything. Androids, time machines, other futures, other brothers. "Well, yes I guess you could say that." Bulma answered. She often thought about the nice young boy from the future. What his future was like now. If he had a family, or if he had faced many more hardships like he did, alone. "And then," Goten added, "this guy Cell came along and he got strong by absorbing other people. He was a lot stronger than all of you and he killed this other Trunks." He could almost feel Vegita staring coldly at him for almost laughing at him and the others when they were telling this unbelievable story. It wasn't that he didn't believe them. He had seen his share of unusual things. But they couldn't blame him for finding it hard to believe. They had said themselves that they didn't believe this other Trunks's story when he came to this time. "And then you killed him Otousan?" Pan asked looking up at her father. She thought that it was wonderful that there was another time. She thought that the story was exciting. Gohan nodded, "Yes, with help from others of course. I could never have done it alone." He looked at his father for it was him who had given him the power to defeat Cell. Goten pondered all of this. Then he asked, "So why was this guy so abscessed with getting Trunks? I mean the other Trunks didn't do much damage to him." "Its not just Trunks that he wants," Piccolo said. He had been quiet for most of that time. But he usually was anyway. "Its all of us." "That's right," Yamcha said. All eyes turned to him. "You said yourself that he said he wanted all of the Z warriors." Tenshinhan nodded in agreement. Bulma looked at Vegita, who had been quiet pretty much all of the time. She knew what he was going through but would never admit it. She knew how close he had been to the Trunks from the future. But even he had not realized it until Trunks was killed. It was only then that he had realized how he had felt towards his own son. "Well Now that we have all of that straightened out," Vegita said. He knew that he would have to explain it all again to Trunks when he came out of the tank. "What are we going to do about it?" They all looked at him. "I personally would like to rip Cell's throat out." "Come on Vegita." Goku said. "You know that we can't just rush into this. We gotta think first." Goku wanted to remind Vegita about what happened the last time Cell was around and Vegita just rushed into things. But he thought that wasn't such a good idea, or he might just get his throat cut. Goku almost chuckled at the thought. "Well we know we have to fight," Piccolo said. "There is no stopping that." Of course he was right. They were going to have to fight. But they needed to think things out first. Gohan was lost deep in thought. Then he looked up at his brother and asked, "Goten, what did Cell say to you about the person who wished him back?" Goten thought for a moment. Not sure why that would help at all. "Well..." he started, "He said that this guy wished him back, 3 times as strong, to get rid of the Z warriors. And that after he got rid of us, the guy wanted Cell to be his personal bodygard. But he wasn't going to do that. And that this guy was a fool for thinking that he would." "And He didn't say why he wanted Cell to get rid of the Z worriers?" Gohan asked. Goten shook his head no. "What are you getting at Gohan?" Tenshinhan asked. With all 3 eyes looking puzzled. "I was just thinking, whoever this guy is apparently has done his homework to figure Cell to be the best person to get rid of us. But he should have studied a little harder to think that Cell would stay and protect him from whatever he needs protecting from." Gohan said. 'This guy had no idea what so ever of what Cell is capable of.' he thought to himself. 'No matter how much he thinks he does.' "Why do you think this guy wants you dead?" Videl asked. "I don't know?" Gohan said. "And the thing is, I don't know if we have any way of finding out." "Well there is one way." All eyes turned to Goku. Bulma could tell right then what he was going to say. She almost covered her ears because she didn't want to hear it. "We find Cell, and ask him." ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cell was doing some training in some far off mountains. Seeing what he could do with his new powers. He laughed to himself. Remembering the look on Trunks's face when he had come with that surprise attack, which no one had expected, and killed him. And the look on his face when he had come back to fight him only a day ago. It felt wonderful to be able to fight again. He couldn't wait to finish off all of the Z fighters. He wondered if they had gotten any stronger. And if they had how much and would they be stronger than him. But that couldn't be. Because he defeated Trunks and that one other boy without any trouble. And Trunks should have know what he was up against...or should he? It was strange that Trunks didn't remember him. He sure remembered the one who killed him, little brat. Then it occurred to him. "Of course," he said out loud to himself. "How could I have been so stupid. Its been so many years since the last fight. So many that the Trunks that I fought has probably been wished back with the Dragon Ball and gone back to his own time, and has been there for a long time. That Trunks was only a baby when I was here last. So that's why he didn't remember me." Cell laughed to himself, "Ooops," he said, "I beat up the wrong Trunks. But that's okay, because this Trunks now is probably a Z fighter anyway." He looked out over the land. Then said, "To bad, I would have liked to fight, and kill, him again. To bad that there isn't some way that I could get him back from his own time." he thought for awhile. "who knows, maybe there is....." ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Trunks slowly opened his eyes. He was startled to see were he was. Water all around him. Had he had really been hurt that bad that he had to be put in the regeneration tank? This must have meant Goten was all right, because he was the one who probably got him here. Then his thoughts turned to the monster. That thing was so strong. What could it have meant that he was going to kill him again? It just didn't make sense. But he assumed it would. Someone had some explaining to do. He wished that there was some way to let someone know that he was awake so that he could get out of this thing. But he was sure that sooner or later someone would come in to check on him and see that he was awake. Then he would get his questions answered. He just lay there for a long time it seemed. Lost in thought at times, then not thinking at all like he was asleep but with his eyes opened. Then finally he herd the door open. He saw his mother come in the room, and saw the smile on her face when she saw that he was awake. She opened the tank and let him out. It took him awhile to get his balance, it seemed like his legs didn't want to respond to him. He shook his head clear. His mother put a blanket around him, looked at him and asked, "Are you all right? How do you feel?" "Fine I guess..."he said. He wondered why no one else was around. "Kaasan, were is Tousan? I want to ask him about that monster, Cell that I fought." He was sure that Goten had to have tolled them all what had happened. Then Trunks looked as his mother shuddered when he said the name Cell. "Trunks, your father isn't here right now." she said with a frown. "Okay then, If Tousan was around to fight that monster, that means Goku was around too. I can ask him." "He isn't here either Trunks." Trunks was confused by this. He couldn't have been in the tank that long. "Were is everyone then?" he asked. He could see tears forming in her eyes. "They....They all went to go fight Cell." she blurted out as fast as she could so she wouldn't start crying in the middle of her sentence. Trunks started to head for the door. "I'm going to go find them and help them." he said. Bulma ran to stop him. She placed her arm in front of the door not letting him pass. "Oh no you don't. You may have been in the regeneration tank for a few hours but your still in no condition to fight." She knew that this little speech would most likely do no good. The minute her back was turned he'd be flying out of a window to wherever the battle was. "I have to. I want to help them. What if something happens and they need my help? Or what if they need Gotenks? That's not going to work if I'm not around." He said. He wasn't trying to worry her. He was just trying to get his point across. Which he was able to do very well. "No you can't." She said, "I won't let you. Your still way to weak. And besides you don't even know what you're up against...." "Tell me," he said cutting her off. "Tell me what I'm up against...." ------------------------------------------------------------------------ As Bulma walked back into the front room, no one liked the look on her face. Something had to be wrong. "Bulma, what's wrong?" Chi Chi asked. "Is niichan all right?" Bra asked worried. "He's fine, He is still weak but he's fine." Tears started to well up in Bulma's eyes. Remembering the look on Trunks's face when she told him of the boy from the future. Who had been him...sort of. "Well were is he? Can we see him?" Videl asked. At that moment Bulma did start to cry. "No, you can't see him." she said crying. "Why not?" Chi Chi asked her. 'If he is okay why is she so sad?' She wondered. "Because he's not here." they all gasped at what Bulma said, "I told him about Cell and Mirai Trunks, and he....he went to go help fight. I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen to me." There was nothing she could have done to stop him. She thought to herself, 'Just like his father....' ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cell felt the kis coming towards him. He smiled, "It's time." He felt them behind him. He had his back toward them. "Well, well, very nice to see you all again." He said. He turned toward them. "But I'm afraid this will be our very last time." "That's right it will be." Vegita said, "Because I'm going to send you back to whatever hole you came out of." "Ah Prince Vegita, so good to see you again. And Goku, hey, it's really to bad that, that teleporting to the other planet thing didn't work on me the last time. Could have saved the life of a certain young boy, wouldn't it." Vegita felt his anger rise at the mention of the death of his son....other son, but not other son...Oh whatever. "#18, its a pleasure. Wouldn't it be strange if I absorbed you and gain the perfect body as I did last time. That would be so bizzare, don't you think? And Gohan, look how much you have grown. It was pure luck that you beat me." He looked at Goten, "I remember you from earlier. I plan on getting to know you better I hope. But it will be a fast acquaintance because you won't be around that long." Goten scowled at Cell. "Oh but I see Trunks isn't here. You know I'm really sorry about that." he said sarcastically, "Didn't realize that it has been so long. To bad I was really looking forward to seeing him again, or killing him again." He surged, "Whatever comes first." Piccolo had heard about enough. "All right enough with the talk Cell." Piccolo said angrily. "Let's go...." ------------------------------------------------------------------------